News & Noteworthy
New Municipal Building Project Information
Posted: March 03, 2021
January 2021 Schematic/Design Development Estimates:
Click For: The Nader Group LLC Estimate
Click For: MJA Construction Services Estimate
November 2020 - DESIGN DOCUMENTS from the The Nader Group:
Meeting Minutes / Agendas - LINK: https://www.byramtwp.org/index.php/meetings/committees/municipal_building_subcommittee
PROPOSAL FOR BYRAM PLAZA MUNICIPAL OFFICES:
November 23, 2019 - Executive Summary: Lease Option Byram Plaza
November 29, 2109 - Byram Plaza - Proposed plans, elevations, and budgets
January 6, 2020 - Byram Plaza - Revised Sale Alternative at Byram Plaza
January 21, 2020 - ANALYSIS – Comparison of Proposed Condominium to Municipal Build Project
January 24, 2020 - Anlaysis Workbook
February 4, 2020 - Byram Plaza Condo Handouts
February 28, 2020 - Letter from Chief Kenneth Burke
August 9, 2019 - The Nader Group Phase 1A Report - UPDATED 11/12/19
June 2019 - The Nader Group New Municipal Complex Proposal
April 16, 2019 Recommendation Report from Municipal Building Subcommittee
2018 - Additional Documents:
Board of Education Open Space:
2018 Roofing Project:
2018 Preliminary Engineering and Environmental Permit Review for Intermediate School Parking Area Options:
Existing Municipal Building Plans and Documents:
MAY 2017 - NEW MUNICIPAL BUILDING COST ESTIMATE
CLICK LINK: Detaild Cost Estimate
MAY 2017 - NEW MUNICIPAL BUILDING FAQs
2017 Summary of Employees with Core Hours. The Township has 33 Full-time and 12 Part-time employees. The page titled, Main Building, are the list of employees that are in the municipal buidling daily.
Click Here: Summary of Employees
At the November 1, 2016 meeting of the Mayor and Council, Resolution No. 184-2016 was approved Authorizing FKA Architects to Provide Preliminary Planning & Presentations for New Municipal Building in an amount Not to Exceed $7500. As the result of these efforts, the various Floor Plan Options dated March 16, 2017 were developed. Floor Plan Option 5 (14,395 sqft) is presented with a preliminary cost estimate of $8,225,431.
Architect Scope of Work (Authorized November 1, 2016): 10/26/2016 FKA Proposal
Floor Plan Options: March 16, 2017- Floor Plan Options
Site Plan Options: March 16, 2017 - Site Plan Options
Summary of Spaces: March 17, 2017 - Summary Spaces Including Option 5
Summary of Space Comparisons (Current to Option 5): March 23, 2017 - Summary of Space Comparison
Preliminary COST ESTIMATE (Option #5) - (Presented at March 21 meeting) - Preliminary Cost Estimate Option 5
2015 - 2016 Information:
Municipal Building Program Document (Dated 8/26/15) - Based on input from Department Members: Municipal Building Programming Document
Building Assessment Report (Dated 9/11/15) - Report of Assessment of the Existing Municipal Buildings: Building Assessment Report
Initial Draft Master Plan (Dated 10/12/15): October 12, 2015 - Initial DRAFT Master Plan
Revised Summary of Program Spaces (Modification #1 - Dated 11/9/15): Summary of Program Space
Master Plan Options Presented: March 8, 2016 - Master Plan Options
Cost Estimate Options Presented: March 8, 2016 - Cost Estimate Options
Environmental Options Presented: March 8, 2016 - Environmental Analysis
At the March 16, 2016 Special Meeting of Mayor and Council - Determined the Preferred Design was Option 1.5:
Additional Documents (2013 - 2014):
- March 2015 – Publicly advertised Request for Proposals for Architectural Services
- May 27, 2015 – Special Public Meeting to conduct interviews with prospective Architectural firms.
- July 7, 2015 – Appointed FKA Architects – Resolution 100-2015.
- October 20, 2015 – Special Presentation by Tom Kosten of FKA Architects Municipal Building Assessment.
- November 16, 2015 – Public Discussion – Municipal Complex Programming Report.
- December 15, 2015 – Authorized FKA Architects for Lakeland Bank Assessment – Resolution 190-2015.
- February 2, 2016 – Authorized Harold Pellow & Associates – Environmental Assessment – Resolution 41-2016.
- March 16, 2016 – Special Public Workshop – Review Environmental Analysis, Cost Analysis and Building Options.
- April 5, 2016 – Authorized Harold Pellow & Associates – Preconstruction meeting with NJDEP – Resolution 64-2016.
- June 6, 2016 – Public Discussion – Capital Projects Committee – Municipal Facility.
- June 21, 2016 – Special Public Presentation of Municipal Complex Master Plan.
- July 5, 2016 – Introduction of Bond Ordinance (#24-2016).
- July 19, 2016 – Public Hearing and Adoption of Bond Ordinance (#24-2016).
- August 8, 2016 - a Petition to Repeal Township Ordinance #24-2016 was filed with the office of the Township Municipal Clerk.
- August 10, 2016 - Township Clerk certified petition and determined that it is sufficient.
- August 16, 2016 – Public Hearing and Adoption of Ordinance 25-2016 - Initiative Ordinance of the Mayor and Council Repealing Ordinance # 24-2016.
- November 1, 2016 – Authorized FKA Architects to provide preliminary planning and presentations for new building.
2004 - LAN Associates Report - This report presents a summary of cost estimates developed by LAN Associates for three distinct options related to the Municipal Building and Consolidated School additions and renovations.