News & Noteworthy
COVID-19: Sussex Residents Can Access CCM Drive-Thru Test Center
Posted: April 14, 2020
The COVID-19 drive-thru testing center at County College of Morris (CCM) in Randolph will begin to accept a select number of Sussex County residents for daily, week-day appointments for the virus testing starting later this week.
While the site will continue to predominantly provide tests for Morris County residents, about 75 appointments will be set aside for people who reside in Sussex County. The remainder of approximately 240 appointments each day will be reserved for Morris County residents who are showing potential signs of having the virus.
Only residents who have a prescription from a doctor or medical provider and have properly signed up for an appointment will be allowed at the testing site.
For information and to make an appointment residents should visit the Morris County Office of Health Management website . https://health.morriscountynj.gov/COVIDTesting
IMPORTANT: To be tested, you must be in a vehicle, must have identification, must have an appointment and must have a prescription - preferably printed - from a medical provider.
The Morris County COVID-19 drive-thru testing site is located at CCM, Center Grove Road, Randolph, NJ 07869. Residents with appointments must use the Center Grove Road entrance (see map ) to access the site.
"I appreciate the cooperation and support we are receiving from Morris County and Senator Steve Oroho during this unprecedented time," said Sussex County Freeholder Director Sylvia Petillo.
"We have the availability at this time to allow some of the residents from our neighboring county to be tested for this virus, which knows no political or geographical boundary,'' said Morris County Freeholder Director Deborah Smith.
Atlantic Health System, which is Morris County's main partner in the test site effort, operates Newton Medical Center, which is the largest hospital in Sussex County.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• To be tested, residents MUST:
o have a COVID-19 test prescription from a healthcare provider
o read and acknowledge the consent form
o make an appointment
• Persons WILL be turned away if they don't meet these qualifications;
• Residents with a prescription can move forward to scheduling an appointment after acknowledging the waiver;
• Please sign up for an appointment at
• Residents may not sign up for an appointment until they get a prescription from a healthcare provider. If a resident is symptomatic, call your doctor;
• Visit CDC for information on symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
• There is no charge for the test.
ARRIVING AT THE TESTING CENTER:
• Your ID (and others with an appointment in vehicle) and appointment verification for all potential clients will be confirmed before entry;
• NO photographing or video recording is permitted;
• Please pay attention to all signage, which is in English and Spanish;
• ALL vehicle windows must remain CLOSED;
• DO NOT ROLL DOWN ANY VEHICLE WINDOW until instructed to do so;
• Do NOT move forward until instructed to do so;
• There are no emergency services available at the testing location. If you experience a medical emergency, please go to the nearest hospital or dial 911;
• Test results will be faxed to your primary healthcare provider. You must provide your provider's fax number when you make an appointment. Failing to provide the correct fax number will cause a delay in getting results to your provider.