The Land Use Board is a joint planning and zoning board consisting of 9 regular members including the Mayor or appointee and a Council person. It also includes 2 alternate members from the community. The Land Use Board is appointed by the Mayor and Council and hears all subdivisions, site plan and variance applications. It is responsible for long range planning through the Master Plan Amendments and Land Development Ordinance revisions. The Land Use Board meets on the First and Third Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m at the Municipal Building. The Board is served by two advisory Boards, the Environmental Commission and the Architectural Review Committee.
Staff consists of a Planning Director, which is a position held by the Township Manager, Joseph Sabatini
Office Hours: 8;30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Sussex County Vision 2020 - 04/17/2009
Zoning Map - 08/19/2009
Tax Maps - 10/18/2010
Highlands - Byram Township May 2011 ERI - 06/06/2011
Byram Township - Highlands Environmental Resource Inventory Maps - - 06/06/2011
New Jersey Future Smart Growth Award Winner - 11/10/2011
Byram Township Ordinance No. 4-2012 - 07/26/2012
Municipal Highlands Exemption Determination Application - 03/07/2014
Byram Master Plan Highlands Element - 01/26/2015
- Class IV Member, Chairman - George Shivas Jr.
- Class IV Member - Vice Chairman - Michael Walsh
- Class III Member, Council Member - Jack Gallagher
- Class I Member - Alexander Rubenstein, Mayor
- Class II Member - Scott Olson
- Class IV Member - Kenneth Kaufhold
- Class IV Member - Robert Chozick
- Class IV Member - Lisa Shimamoto
- Class IV Member - John Morytko
- Alternate I - Frank Gonzalez
- Alternate II - Marie Raffay
- Attorney - Alyse Hubbard, Esq.
- Engineer - Cory L. Stoner, P.E., C.M.E.
- Planner - Paul Gleitz, P.P. AICP, Principal
- Land Use Technical Assistant - Cheryl White