The Recreation Committee meets on the 3rd Wednesday of every month, at 8:00 PM at C.O. Johnson Field House. Sub-committee meetings meet on as needed. The meetings are open to the public. the Sports Council meets at 6:30 pm prior to the Recreation Committee in February, May, July, and October. Additional AdHoc sub committees meet as needed.
The Mission Statement of the Recreation Committee is: "To provide all the residents of Byram a program of diverse leisure services. This would include opportunities to participate in a variety of sports; passive recreational activites; cultural, social and educational programs, and to provide parks and facilities which are safe and of the highest standard."
The function of the Recreation Committee is: "To advise the Mayor, Council, Township Manager and Recreation Director on matters regarding the recreational programs of Byram Township."
Committee Goals include the following:
1) To develop and maintain a list of suggestions for additions, modifications and updates to the recreation programs, facilities, and policies.
2) To work with the various sports organizations to ensure that our residents have a wide variety of athletic choices available to them.
3) To work with other organizations to provide various leisure, social, cultural, and educational programs for Township residents.
4) To ensure that our parks, fields, trails and facilities are maintained and accessible to all citizens of the Township.
5) Establish a policy manual.
Sports Council - 10/04/2011
- Chairperson - Len Bicher
- Vice Chair - Robert Brady
- Member - Dina Trunzo
- Member - Jackie Pellek
- Member - Robert Androsky
- Member - Jeri Quirk
- Secretary - Nicole Halajian
- Alternate II - VACANT
- Alternate I - Jennifer Kerr
- Council Liaison - Alex Rubenstein