The Recreation Committee meets on the 3rd Monday of every month, at 8:00 PM at the Byram Towship Muncipal Complex. The meetings are open to the public.
The Mission Statement of the Recreation Committee is: "To provide all the residents of Byram a program of diverse leisure services. This would include opportunities to participate in a variety of sports; passive recreational activites; cultural, social and educational programs, and to provide parks and facilities which are safe and of the highest standard."
The function of the Recreation Committee is: "To advise the Mayor, Council, Township Manager and Recreation Director on matters regarding the recreational programs of Byram Township."
Committee Goals include the following:
1) To develop and maintain a list of suggestions for additions, modifications and updates to the recreation programs, facilities, and policies.
2) To work with the various sports organizations to ensure that our residents have a wide variety of athletic choices available to them.
3) To work with other organizations to provide various leisure, social, cultural, and educational programs for Township residents.
4) To ensure that our parks, fields, trails and facilities are maintained and accessible to all citizens of the Township.
5) Establish a policy manual.
Sports Council - 03/01/2022
- Chair - Scott Yappen
- Member - Len Bicher
- Vice Chair - Shawn Conner
- Member - Danielle Conroy
- Alternate I - Jeri Quirk
- Member - Nicole Halajian
- Member - Kelly Eller
- Alternate II - VACANT
- Council Liaison - Jack Gallagher
- Recreation Leader - Catherine Biancone
- Member - Eric Dietz