For Animal Control Servics please call Dispatch at 973-347-4008
For the Hopatcong Animal Pound please call 973-601-3847 or visit their website at Animal Shelter - Official Website of the Borough of Hopatcong, NJ
Click Here to: Download the 2022 Dog License Application Form
DOG LICENSING INFORMATION:
Byram Township's dog licensing year begins on April 1st and ends on March 30th.
Licenses must be renewed by April 30, 2022. State law requires that proof of rabies vaccination, valid at least through February 28, 2023, be presented prior to issuance of a dog license.
- 1-Year license $12.00 if spayed or neutered; all others $15.00.
- 3-Year license $30.00 if spayed or neutered; all others $39.00.
- Mail renewal to Byram Township, 10 Mansfield Drive, Stanhope, NJ 07874, Attention Dog Licenses. Please include the following:
- Application form.
- Proof of valid rabies vaccination.
- Payment by Check or Money Order Only, payable to Byram Township.
- Stamped self-addressed envelope.
- Night Drop-Off Box:
- Located on the railing of the Municipal Building. Follow the instructions above for mail renewal. Please label your envelope, attn: dog lic.
- Call 973-347-2500 x125 Board of Health Department , hours 8:30-1:30. Messages will be returned by the next business day.
An optional 3-year license is available. Eligible animals for this program must be given a 3-year rabies vaccination in the month of March 2022 or later.
Any shot given before this time will not cover the animal for the required licensing period under State law. If you do not qualify for a 3-year license, a 1-year license will be issued.
A LATE FEE OF $5.00 PER MONTH WILL BE ASSESSED AFTER MAY 1, 2022
ALL 1-YEAR LICENSES EXPIRE APRIL 30, 2023
ALL 3-YEAR LICENSES EXPIRE APRIL 30, 2025
Click Here for "What you should know about Rabies"