2020 Dog License Information
Byram Township's dog licensing year begins on April 1st and ends on March 30th.
License renewals will begin to be processed on March 18th with proper documentation for the 2019 Licensing Year.
Licenses must be renewed by April 30, 2019. State law requires that proof of rabies vaccination, valid at least through February 28, 2020, be presented prior to issuance of a dog license.
- A free Township rabies clinic is scheduled to be held at the township garage on Saturday March 30, 2019 from 9:00am – 12:00 noon. Call 973-347-2500 x125 for details. Other clinics may be offered in the area.
- 1-Year license $12.00 if spayed or neutered; all others $15.00.
- 3-Year license $30.00 if spayed or neutered; all others $39.00.
- Mail renewal - include payment, stamped self-addressed envelope, and proof of rabies vaccination to Township of Byram, 10 Mansfield Drive, Stanhope, NJ 07874, Attention Dog Licenses. OR
- Deliver renewal paperwork and payment in person between the hours of 11:30 am-4:30 pm to Township of Byram at 10 Mansfield Drive.
An optional 3-year license is available. Eligible animals for this program must be given a 3-year rabies vaccination in the month of March 2019 or later. Any shot given before this time will not cover the animal for the required licensing period under State law. If you do not qualify for a 3-year license, a 1-year license will be issued.
A LATE FEE OF $5.00 PER MONTH WILL BE ASSESSED ON MAY 1ST.
ALL 1-YEAR LICENSES EXPIRE APRIL 30, 2020
ALL 3-YEAR LICENSES EXPIRE APRIL 30, 2022
Click Here for "What you should know about Rabies"