2021 Dog License Information
Click Here to: Download the 2020 Dog License Application Form
Byram Township's dog licensing year begins on April 1st and ends on March 30th.
License renewals will begin to be processed on April 1, 2020 with proper documentation for the 2020 Licensing Year.
Licenses must be renewed by April 30, 2020. State law requires that proof of rabies vaccination, valid at least through February 28, 2021, be presented prior to issuance of a dog license.
- The Byram Township rabies clinic scheduled on Saturday, April 18, 2020 has been CANCELLED, and will not be rescheluded.
- 1-Year license $12.00 if spayed or neutered; all others $15.00.
- 3-Year license $30.00 if spayed or neutered; all others $39.00.
- Mail renewal to Byram Township, 10 Mansfield Drive, Stanhope, NJ 07874, Attention Dog Licenses. Please include the following:
- Application form.
- Proof of valid rabies vaccination.
- Payment by Check or Money Order Only, payable to Byram Township.
- Stamped self-addressed envelope.
- Night Drop-Off Box:
- Located on the railing of the Municipal Building. Follow the instructions above for mail renewal. Please label your envelope, attn: dog lic.
- Call 973-347-2500 x125 Board of Health Department. Messages will be returned by the next business day.
An optional 3-year license is available. Eligible animals for this program must be given a 3-year rabies vaccination in the month of March 2020 or later.
Any shot given before this time will not cover the animal for the required licensing period under State law. If you do not qualify for a 3-year license, a 1-year license will be issued.
A LATE FEE OF $5.00 PER MONTH WILL BE ASSESSED AFTER MAY 31, 2020 (resolution #05-2020)
ALL 1-YEAR LICENSES EXPIRE APRIL 30, 2021
ALL 3-YEAR LICENSES EXPIRE APRIL 30, 2023
Click Here for "What you should know about Rabies"