2021 Dog License Information
Click Here to: Download the 2021 Dog License Application Form
The Administration Office is Open for Dog License Renewal and New Dog Licensing
April 17, 2021 Clinic Day - 1 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Byram Township Free Rabies Clinic policy has changed. We are making safety a top priority and are asking for your cooperation to help keep the employees, volunteers, and those attending the Clinic safe. Please come prepared, no forms or pens will be available to the public.
- All attendees MUST wear masks. Only one person will be permitted into the Administration Office licensing area at a time, to maintain social distancing.
The following MUST be completed and presented at time of service:
- Mailed renewal reminder letter (pink or green, one per dog)
- Completed new dog to Byram forms (white form), accessible at the Byram Web page. Also proof of spaying or neutering if applies.
- A copy of valid rabies certificate.
- Only checks will be accepted on Clinic Day, payable to Byram Township.
Drop box is available, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope
DOG LICENSING INFORMATION:
Byram Township's dog licensing year begins on April 1st and ends on March 30th.
License renewals will begin to be processed on April 1, 2021 with proper documentation for the 2021 Licensing Year.
Licenses must be renewed by April 30, 2021. State law requires that proof of rabies vaccination, valid at least through February 28, 2021, be presented prior to issuance of a dog license.
- 1-Year license $12.00 if spayed or neutered; all others $15.00.
- 3-Year license $30.00 if spayed or neutered; all others $39.00.
- Mail renewal to Byram Township, 10 Mansfield Drive, Stanhope, NJ 07874, Attention Dog Licenses. Please include the following:
- Application form.
- Proof of valid rabies vaccination.
- Payment by Check or Money Order Only, payable to Byram Township.
- Stamped self-addressed envelope.
- Night Drop-Off Box:
- Located on the railing of the Municipal Building. Follow the instructions above for mail renewal. Please label your envelope, attn: dog lic.
- Call 973-347-2500 x125 Board of Health Department. Messages will be returned by the next business day.
An optional 3-year license is available. Eligible animals for this program must be given a 3-year rabies vaccination in the month of March 2021 or later.
Any shot given before this time will not cover the animal for the required licensing period under State law. If you do not qualify for a 3-year license, a 1-year license will be issued.
A LATE FEE OF $5.00 PER MONTH WILL BE ASSESSED AFTER MAY 1, 2021
ALL 1-YEAR LICENSES EXPIRE APRIL 30, 2022
ALL 3-YEAR LICENSES EXPIRE APRIL 30, 2024
RABIES CLINIC INFORMAION:
- The Byram Township rabies clinic is schedule for April 17, 2021 1pm to 4pm at the DPW Garage.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Byram Township Free Rabies Clinic policy has changed. We are making safety a top priority and are asking for your cooperation to help keep the employees, the veterinarian, volunteers, and those attending the Clinic safe.
All attendees MUST wear masks and practice social distancing while at the Clinic.
- Pet owners or pet handlers are asked to bring a New Jersey driver license for identification.
- Only one pet owner or pet handler may escort one pet at a time to the outside vaccination area.
- Dogs should be restrained with a non-retractable 6-foot leash or other safe control to allow a quick and unimpeded transfer to the clinic handler.
- Cats must be in a secured carrier to prevent escape and allow a quick and unimpeded transfer to the clinic handler.
- No pet owner or pet handler will be permitted in the DPW garage.
- The clinic pet handler will escort the pet to the veterinarian for vaccination.
- The pet owner or pet handler will be asked to wait in a designated area to collect their dog or cat after the rabies vaccination.
- Clinic will close promptly at 4 p.m.
Click Here for "What you should know about Rabies"