Open Space Committee
Prepared and implemented the Township's October 2000 Open Space and Recreation Plan; helped pass the 1999 referendum imposing a 2-cents-per-hundred open space tax; obtains grant funding for open space projects, currently $1.8 million from the State; negotiates and implements open space agreements, with the Council's approval of expenditures; speaks at open space seminars.
The Open Space Committee consists of the Township Manager, a member of the Environmental Commission, a member of the Planning Board, a member of the Recreation Commission and a member of the Public.
The Committee meets on the 2nd Monday of every OTHER month at 7:30 PM at the Byram Township Municipal Building.
- Councilmember - Ray Bonker
- Public Member - Alex Rubenstein
- Environmental Commission Member - Eric Duch
- Secretary - Non-Voting Member - Caitlin Phillips
- Recreation Comm. Member - Scott Yappen
- Public Member - Russel Raffay
- Planning Board Member - John D. Morytko
- Township Manager - Joseph Sabatini